New Trigger

The Ballistikraft originally used a smaller quick-release trigger from an earlier machine, but I decided to make a larger version to handle bigger loads.

trig1

The main body is made from 3/16″steel and cut with a hacksaw. That took a while.

trig2

I wanted to make it look fancy so I added some mesh to the outside. In retrospect I probably should have used bolts to hold it together rather than welded pins, but I don’t anticipate any reason to take it apart again.

trig4

The safety has two pins: One keeps the jaws closed and one keeps the trigger handle shut.

trig7

This trigger is based on plans from this website, which originally came from the old Catapult Message board:

Trigger Plans

 

Advertisements