Now that winter is mostly over I can finally start to work on the projects I’ve been putting off- including doing some more testing with my baseball-and-mini-pumpkin-hurling, drill-powered slinged-centripetal machine.
One of the things I’ve learned about these types of machines is how powerful drag can be, even with a small machine like this. One suggestion I got was to use two drills, so that’s what I’ll be trying next.
So the plan is to make something like a transfer case in a 4×4, but in reverse- use a chain drive to combine two power sources into one. Right now it’s almost done, I just need to make sure everything is lined up properly and attach it to the machine.
Once that’s done the plan is to measure the RPMs and compare 1 vs 2 drills, and eventually test the range.